Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, May 20, 2004 ]

Simply Annoying
Starbuck [17:33] Comments: 0 []
 
I've only been using Windows XP at work for a month or so now, but there is one thing that is really getting on my man-tits...

Those cursed default Windows Xp Logoff and Logon sounds that you get when you lock or unlock your workstation, damn them!

It all started as a minor niggle when I realised that they sound vaguely like notes from a Simply Red track ("Stars", I think it is). But reinforcement by repetition can have devastating effects on one's mind. And now, every time I reawaken my peacefully resting workstation, the terrible image of a crooning Mick Hucknall (not only the title-holder of The Most Annoying Man In Pop but also a strong contender as The Ugliest as well), looms to the forefront of my tortured mind...

Readers - simulate this for yourself by clicking on the following wav files whenever your hands approach or leave the keyboard: LOGOFF, LOGON. Repeat until insania sets in.

(Footnoted bah!: Putting this into words has reawakened my previous mental audio-torment - the Darkness incident - curse you God for making my internal jukebox this way!)


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Gopher's hole
As it's sunny outside...
But software. What light through yonder Windows 98...
The Swindon Lot
Less is Moore
Ding dong, Avalon calling
Sexercise
All New Blogger
LOAD "FLASHBACK" CODE
C'est vraiment une offre tres speciale...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.