Viper Squad Ten

[ Saturday, August 27, 2005 ]

Reviews wanted
Starbuck [17:16] Comments: 5 []
 
Sometimes you just can't help yourself whilst mandatorily rooting through the bargains at your local record store - most weekends I end up with more consumer products than I can possibly keep up with.

It happened again today. I'm still playing post-wedding blog-catchup, so I doubt I'll get round to listening to my latest purchases, let alone reviewing them (reviewment being one of the principle raison d'ĂȘtre of blog existence), so if anyone passing through could just pass their comments on the following items then I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.
  • Dizzee Rascal - Showtime
  • Jesu - S/T
  • Marilyn Manson - Lest We Forget
  • Moby - 18
  • Squarepusher - Ultravisitor
Oh, and any pre-reviews that might bear influence on watching one the following live acts would also be useful:
  • Ross Noble
  • Jimmy Carr
  • Stewart Lee
  • The Proclaimers


5 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at August 28, 2005 12:39 pm  :

ross noble is very very very funny. i saw his act a few months ago and had a severe face-ache from laughing so much. highly recommended :)



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at August 28, 2005 3:52 pm  :

The Proclaimers were unexpectedly excellent at the Cambridge Folk Festival earlier in the so called summer. Definitely worth seeing.

(I haven't seen Jimmy Carr, but based on his tv work I'd only want to see him shut in a cupboard somewhere. Sexist, disablist fuckwit)



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at August 29, 2005 1:12 pm  :

Thanking you.

Ross Noble - ah, yeah, I've found him flicking hilarious when I've seen him on the telly - wasn't sure whether he'd be a bit "tiring" for an evening, however! They showed his Regent Park concert on the telly up here the other day, but to my chagrin I missed it.

The Proclaimers I would never have thought about going to see before, but the last song at our wedding disco happened to be "100 Miles"... a room full of revellers, arms around each other in an amorphous ring, stomping around to the music. Brilliant. But that's by the by - I've heard they do good non-hit related stuff as well!

(Jimmy Carr - must admit he's elicted a few chuckles from yours truly, but totally see your point, Birdy. The main impetus for seeing him was to go with a mate who used to be at University with him... he then went to America to work and hadn't been aware that the sexist, disablist fuckwit had oozed his way onto the television...)



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at August 30, 2005 12:17 pm  :

I wouldn't say JC (unfortunate initials!) was NEVER funny - by the law of averages everyone's funny sometimes and I wouldn't say I was a prude but I hear that for a whole show he's really annoying.... but I do trust your judgement so if you end up going I'd be interested in your views.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at August 30, 2005 5:43 pm  :

I'll just have to see what happens... I always make all these plans which come to nought anyway...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

I am programmed to obey my Master's commands
Animal riots
X
I wish I was hallucinating
Prepare For The Greatest Joke Ever.
One thing that I've learnt today
Writing about writing
Earwigging
Music to move you
Kubrik2001

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.