Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, February 17, 2006 ]

A brand new blog. # Da da da daaaar.! #
Starbuck [13:25] Comments: 8 []
 
It seems that my wife has started reading my blog. I knew I shouldn't have used it as my homepage in Firefox! I know this, as she has voiced some concerns about a number of editorial decisions that I have made recently.

Fair enough, one of them was my self-description as a "young loner" within the about-me blurb on that there sidebar on the left. I'm not a loner, I'm married.

But then again, so was Michael Knight (the inspiration for the text), in the episode The Scent Of Roses. That was, until his wife was shot, so perhaps the comparison should end there. Interestingly, David Hasselhoff was actually married to Catherine Hickland who played his lover Stevie Mason. And Catherine Hickland later married a man named MICHAEL E. KNIGHT! IN REAL LIFE!

But I digress.

I shall forthwith be changing my Firefox homepage, and changing the name of this blog. That'll fox her.

So welcome to "Not Viper Squad Ten". Ahem.


8 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at February 17, 2006 2:59 pm  :

Afternoon Mrs P! Fancy a bit of toblerone?

Starbuck - in what sense is it new? New title only or am I missing something important?



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at February 19, 2006 1:42 am  :

my previous comment got eaten by the monster hiding under the stairs...

now, what did i say??

something along the line of "why not 'viper squad eleven'???"



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 19, 2006 4:24 pm  :

3rd daughter, my own previous three Comments have also been eaten.

The first written in response to birdy's Comment (before your own had been posted), the second written later when I saw that not only my own had disappeared but that you had written a comment which was appearing on the item post page but not the Comment pop-up page, and my third when I saw that your comment had disappeared from there also.

Very annoying. They seem to just disappear at some point after having been published.

It's going to be quite a pain re-writing them, but let's see if this one works first... (I can always go to back-up Haloscan commenting if need be...)



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 19, 2006 5:04 pm  :

Hmm. That last one didn't appear, so I went and posted up a back-up Haloscan comment. Now it has appeared anyway.

Maybe it was something to do with having changed the blog name on the Blogger Settings page (as opposed to just within the template code).

Maybe it was something to do with the recent Blogger technical problems (I was indeed getting the 553 permission denied publishing error just now... all OK now I've cleared out my cookies)

Or maybe its something more...



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at February 20, 2006 10:08 am  :

is clearing your cookies the same thing as tossing your cookies??? did you eat something that did not agree with you?

sorry, i'll shut up now...

then again, you may never see this comment...



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 20, 2006 5:42 pm  :

Nope, I see it.

And as for tossing your cookies, I must say that sounds incredibly rude!



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at February 20, 2006 9:06 pm  :

nooooo!! it is just another euphemism (oooh!! what a big word!!) for vomiting...



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 21, 2006 7:46 pm  :

Heh! What a euphemism!


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Everyone's out to get you muddyfunster
What's so bad about giving a can opener for a Vale...
Tears, beers and tobogganeers
New Home Improvement
Teletextual healing
Internet Update
Sartorial stuff-up
Public apology
Comment'allez vous
And on a lighter note

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.