Viper Squad Ten

[ Wednesday, February 15, 2006 ]

Everyone's out to get you muddyfunster
Starbuck [17:33] Comments: 3 []
 
Hmmmm...

I've just been laughed at (with) by a work colleague who was passing in the corridor.

Laughed at. For no reason.

Admitedly myself and this person have had a number of nonsensical exchanges before. She speaks at me, and for some reason I can't understand a word she says. I don't think I've ever resolved a single one of her sentences - there's something blocking me from making language out of her words.

Its not an accent thing. As far as I can tell, she's got uses standard English pronunciation, with no detectable regional inflection.

I must presume that everything she has ever heard me say has been equally mystifying. Or perhaps her brain assembles my own seemingly-random string of words into something approximating an Eddie Izzard set. So we've ended up just pulling funny "friendly" faces at each other and grunting.

If I wasn't such a sensible chap it'd be easy to get paranoid. But ever since I wandered into a chip shop having forgotten that I'd got the "c-word" written on my forehead in biro, funny looks get me wondering what's on my face...


3 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at February 15, 2006 9:43 pm  :

that chip shop story - not true is it? Oh dear....

The woman today *might* have been laughing cos she doesn't understand you either...



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 16, 2006 10:36 am  :

Reckon you're right - our brainwaves are misaligned.

And re: the chip shop incident - I'm afraid it IS true - the shame of it! I only realised as I was standing at the counter...



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 16, 2006 1:58 pm  :

Curse you! Just when I thought I'd worked out who you were... how do you know that rhyme?

"Miss Millies, Miss Millies, a portion of chips is nothing to be scared of..." (to the tune of "Prince Charming" by Adam & The Ants)

Anyway, no, it wasn't Miss Millies.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

What's so bad about giving a can opener for a Vale...
Tears, beers and tobogganeers
New Home Improvement
Teletextual healing
Internet Update
Sartorial stuff-up
Public apology
Comment'allez vous
And on a lighter note
VSX gets fundamental on your ass. Again.

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.