Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, July 16, 2006 ]

Postcard from Spain
Starbuck [17:39] Comments: 0 []
 
A few notes that I'd jotted down in "old format" whilst on my recent Spanish sojourn (craftily coupled with hiding out from the Van Dammes):
Holiday accessories

Ahh, the satisfaction that you experience as the holiday progresses, as you lighten the weight of your baggage by using up your stocks of sun lotion, your painkillers, your batteries, etc. Order from chaos. Etc.
Music CDs

I have taken the following albums with me (nothing new and exciting):
Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better
Bjork - Medulla
Amajuba - Like Doves We Cry
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever You Say I Am Thats What I'm Not
System of a Down - Hypnotize
Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze
Scissor Sisters
Air - Talkie Walkie
Sigur Rós - Takk
Muse - Absolution
The Chemical Brothers - Push The Button
True Love Waits - Christopher O'Riley Plays Radiohead
Sci-Fi Themes
Nine Inch Nails - Further Down The Spiral
Sons And Daughters - The Replusion Box
The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike
Killers - Hot Fuss
Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
NIN - With Teeth
The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Faithless - Outrospective
DJ Scruff - Keep It Unreal

In the entire holiday I have only listened to the following:
Nine Inch Nails - Further Down The Spiral
DJ Scruff - Keep It Unreal (two thirds thereof)
Scissor Sisters
Lack of expression

Whilst I am away from electronic forms of self-expression, I find myself lost in endless hazy trains of thought... they usually don't actually coalesce into anything constructive, but they just hang trancelike in the air... I stare into space... I just don't creatively think... or connect... as I do at home...
One train of thought that did actually solidify...

... related to Conservative hysteria (both wilful and misguided), and disproportionate responses to happenings.

This latter was before the latest escalation of the Middle East crisis, and in fact related vaguely to ant powder and pest control... more important matters have now overtaken me...
Urbanisation

Returning several times to the same region of the Costa Blanca over three years, its interesting watching the urbanisations sprawl across the countryside... like the Army of the Dead swarming across Pelennor Fields...

I'm not saying its wrong. Everything is wrong (© Moby). It's just - it.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Theirspace
Mini-Musi-Revu-Si's
Normal service will temporarily be replaced by the...
Read this: Astolath on Orwell
Animal Rescue Aftermath
Download older Zonealarm versions compatible with ...
Last night I dreamt I was looking up Billy Idol's ...
This Week I have Mostly Been
Put Me Together Again (and the alternative program...
Bad reviews

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.