Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, November 30, 2006 ]

Dexterity: 3, Wisdom: 5, Intelligence: 7, Strength: 11
Starbuck [17:58] Comments: 5 []
 
Quickly clocking in just to flesh out for the world the extent of my complete crapness:

In the winter I tend to wear a scarf every day. I also carry around my neck a large black manbag whenever I'm out and about.

9 out of 10 times when I try to take my bag off whilst so adorned, I end up almost strangling myself when my bag gets wrapped in my scarf! It ends up looking like a scene out of Fight Club, with me trying to pull my scarf up above my neck, thus almost lifting myself up off the floor by the front of my neck due to it being weighted down by my bag.

To get the picture, imagine Uncle Starbuck wrestling with Emu. And that's not just an obscene figure of speech!

I'm rubbish when it comes to getting caught up in things. I sometimes wear my walkman in the supermarket, and the last time I ended up with the headphones snagged in the shopping basket, leaving me having to crouch down on the floor to take a phone-call on my mobile, looking for all the world like I was making a dirty protest against globalisation!

Oh dear...


5 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Chris Frumplington, at December 02, 2006 9:42 pm  :

To be honest, I really don't mind what you get up to in the supermarket - just as long as you're not in the Nine Items Or Less queue with a whole trolley full.

By the way, for goodness sake don't take up macrame - you might do yourself a mischief.

By the other way, we don't have to imagine what it's like to wrestle with Emu. We have had our own Emu since late on in July. (It's mentioned on our blog somewhere...)



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at December 03, 2006 1:55 am  :

my earphones have an escape clause (they unplug about halfway down the cord). in extreme cases of entanglement, it all comes undone and i can extricate myself but on too many occasions i have almost strangled myself when the cord gets caught in something. having had a relatively mild winter, i managed to escape death by scarf this year :)



Comment by Blogger Ron Lyre, at December 03, 2006 8:39 pm  :

I too carry a manbag and like so many of our sisters find it almost impossible to find anything amongst the lipstick, spot camouflage, hairbrushes, tampax, polo mints etc



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at December 04, 2006 8:53 pm  :

I am so very jealous of the 3 of you.

Emus, detatchable earphones, Tampax For Men...



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at December 06, 2006 5:39 pm  :

I had something really important to say at the time about Doctor Who Incarnation 4's scarf, but I forgot to put it down, and I can't quite remember now.

But on that point, for the record, having recently caught some old Who episodes I can confirm that Tom Baker used to "gurn in fear" just as much as David Tennant.

So despite the critics of this unappealing habit of David's Doctor, you might say he's playing it the way it should be played.

God I'm boring...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

"I've been waiting for music like this all my life"
20% discount at Borders and Books etc
Weddings - celebrity, civvy, or otherwise
Now I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you this...
Quickie reviews - film and comedy
They're Not Celebrities Get Them Out Of There
BUY ME STUFF!
Voodoo Chilli. And crackers.
Cambelts and fanbelts
Scarf Fever

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.