Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, July 07, 2003 ]


Starbuck [15:09] Comments: 0 []
 
As I sat on the roof of my workplace during my lunch-break, eating my boring sandwiches and soaking up the sun, I was reminiscing wistfully over lunch about a trip to some of the museums of London which myself and The Woman undertook a few weekends back. A slightly overcast start to the day eased us out of the house to visit the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum. Mostly business as usual in the museums - too much to take in, with too little strength in the legs/eyes/brain to see it through fully. However, what totally grabbed my enthusiasm by the ankles was the stunning outdoors exhibition of photographs currently in the grounds of the Natural History Museum - The Earth From The Air. Some of the most beautiful images of the world taken from high above (although not from as lofty altitudes as The Earth From Space, a similar theme on another scale...) The website gives a small idea of the sort of photographs on show; however, the sheer scale of each of the canvases, the depth and clarity of the pictures, the contrasting textures of each piece - it snatches the mind's eye beyond it's imagination. And it snatches your breath away - truly humbling. And a brilliant way to put across their political message about the cascade of destruction that we have unleashed upon this world.

Still, eco-devastation forces the power of evolution - life finds a way (to quote Jeff Goldblum in Jurrasic Park). That's how my well-advanced genotype can be amongst you now, building up pressure against the gene pool of humanity - and when my genetic floodgates burst, the next leap of change will begin.
Perhaps.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Friday lunchtime. The week drags on. Monday apart ...
Berlimy! I'm recently returned from the axis of ev...
I've added some code to my blog template from Rand...
Heard about the Beta version of the second iterati...
Here's a very interesting essay by Rebecca Blood o...
Current internal jukebox - "Death" by the Dieticia...
Well, what felt like the longest working day of my...
Suicidal tiny moths, flittering round my computer ...
I've been watching 24 out of the corner of my eye ...
Another Matrix posting. Click here to jump beyond ...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.