Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, July 03, 2003 ]


Starbuck [22:36] Comments: 0 []
 
Berlimy! I'm recently returned from the axis of evil department stores propping up the west of Oxford Street; my quest - to find a gift appropriate to mark the first anniversary of the commencement of dalliances between my Lady and me. It makes me shiver now, retracing my steps along the street on Streetsensation. Too many people, too many labyrinth aladdin's caves selling too many small variations on innumerable themes. It was like christmas hell all over again. I should've just got her a Rock-It! Not a nice shopping trip.

Everything's going strange in the world at the moment. I left the freezer door open by accident for 10 minutes yesterday. The deep chill that flooded out of it frosted up the house a bit at first. Now it seems to have enveloped the whole of London. Sorry if it's affected anyone out there too badly.

Elsewhere in (yesterday's) news, hard-right-wing self-serving evil media-baron Silvio Berlusconi yesterday showed his utter lack of respect for his EU colleagues and for the European people in general, Alistair Campbell continues to get away with it, and nothing can stop the Bush Administration's over-bearing bullish arrogance in its dealings with the rest of the world (read on the rather nice Year Zero website, a good digest of the current affairs our governments would like to spin over), whilst Bush displays his inability to control his mouth or mind when urging militants in Iraq to do their worst by saying "Bring them on". The man has no control. He is not a statesman. He is an idiot. But a powerful and rich idiot.

At least not all is bad in the world, however - Zonelabs have announced they will patch the reported flaw in their essential free firewall Zonealarm. So paranoid phreaks such as I can continue to shelter from the hostile world in our electronic cocoons.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

I've added some code to my blog template from Rand...
Heard about the Beta version of the second iterati...
Here's a very interesting essay by Rebecca Blood o...
Current internal jukebox - "Death" by the Dieticia...
Well, what felt like the longest working day of my...
Suicidal tiny moths, flittering round my computer ...
I've been watching 24 out of the corner of my eye ...
Another Matrix posting. Click here to jump beyond ...
I do like this new Blogger build. Nice and solid. ...
Thrash-metal stereotypes Slayer once wrote a song ...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.