Viper Squad Ten

[ Saturday, July 12, 2003 ]


Starbuck [00:34] Comments: 0 []
 
As I sat outside the pub at Marylebone station this evening, waiting for my girlfriend's train to arrive, and gazing wistfully through the gaping entrance of Burger King at those delicious flame-grilled burgers being flame-grilled, I listened in to a conversation taking place at the table next to me. As you do.
A non-descript suit was talking to a Kiwi Timothy Claypole (from Rentaghost) lookalike, discussing the pro's and cons of the Lords Of The Rings films versus Harry Potter. Which got me thinking...

(deep breath as yet another pointless Matricentric post gets going...)

Our universe as revealed in the Matrix Reloaded puts a whole new slant on Rentaghost. All those spooks and ghouls and freaks and fools at Rentaghost, they're a bunch programs that have chosen exile when facing deletion. That whole TV show was just the system assimilating some programs that were doing something they weren't supposed to be doing. Which makes Arthur Perkins some sort of middle-aged Neo. And Dobbin the Switchblade Twins. Timothy Claypole must be the Merovingian. And McWitch is Persephone. And Harold Meaker, urm, some sort of... urr, Oracle-ish Merovingian-apologist... not that she was - gah! - strugling on this one. This was a stoopid idea. Time for bed!


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

What Matrix Persona are you? I am Neo!
Just done a quick scan of my URL on Technorati - a...
Well, the day's been a little bit different to nor...
Postpub....... a few pints, and some bad sectors o...
A big thank-you to Joy at Confessions of a G33k fo...
I have received the following threatening message ...
Interesting to read Tony Blair's quotes from the l...
Double Woah! Now I've not been bothering to read ...
Promising report from Fat in America concerning Te...
I would rather eat my own entrails than watch My B...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.