Viper Squad Ten

[ Tuesday, July 15, 2003 ]


Starbuck [23:54] Comments: 0 []
 
I know that I may be incredibly boring, but even the most luddite surfer out there must be fascinated by Google. Possibly.

Since starting this blogging nonsence, I'd been bugged at the way that the Google search results for this blog (once it finally ended up being listed), would chop and change in their apparent page-rank and the listed date of the cache made when the site was crawled - it was as if Google would sometimes leap back in time to a crawl done on a specific date, despite having previously shown results from more recent crawls of the blog. I stumbled across this forum on Webmasterworld.com last night, and scrambled my head with too much Googlish gollocks. But after all that, here's a lovely explanation on Google Answers which explains for idiots like me how Google's got a Fresh-bot crawling sites regularly (those with a date shown in the search results) as well as the monthly deep-crawl. Yawn.

So thank you Fresh-bot, for so quickly indexing my link to Mickey's Monkey Spunk Moped 2 days ago. You are playing a vital role in furthering the world's intellectual and artistic worth.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Further to my previous post's rant sparked off by ...
The trouble with the world today, is that you can'...
Before I got sidetracked on my previous post, all ...
A big grin is on my face as I type, after getting ...
I'm once again basking in the afterglow of another...
Right, I've finally corrected my time-zone in my b...
As I sat outside the pub at Marylebone station thi...
What Matrix Persona are you? I am Neo!
Just done a quick scan of my URL on Technorati - a...
Well, the day's been a little bit different to nor...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.