Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, July 13, 2003 ]


Starbuck [22:28] Comments: 0 []
 
I'm once again basking in the afterglow of another beautiful weekend with my beautiful girl. (Reader's reaction: heave!)

Yesterdays' highlight: London Zoo. No, bear with me a moment on this one a moment. (Bear with me! - BEAR with me! - jeez, suit yerselves.) A fantastic zoo - plenty of space for the prisoners to roam about in, and with only a few captives in each of the enclosures, not too much stir-crazy antics going on between the beasts. There seemed to be a bit of a conservation slant to the fun-filled furry-fellas-imprisonment, too. Nah, in all seriousness, a top zoo, very humane, and very well presented for us hairless apes as well. Talking of apes - Andy's top three animals of the day: 1 - Marmusets (all over the fracking cage, after my sandwich); 2 - Big Ape (lazy bastids, but with more intelligence behind those eyes than behind those of most of the rest of us on the outside); 3 - Bears & monkeys (crazed on nuts, and scampering around all over the shop on their fake mountainside).

Zoos - they make most people think about their place as humans in the biosphere. I, of course, am on a higher intellectual plain - they make me think about Mickey's Monkey Spunk Moped, a (sadly) one-off cartoon strip classic from the pages of Viz. Ho hum.

Today, the excitement about seeing Matrix Reloaded in full-on IMAX format at the bfi London IMAX cinema ("the only cinema in the UK to show the film in IMAX® DMRTM (Digital Re-mastering) technology") built up to a head as we visited the IMAX at Waterloo. However, the excitement remains un-vented, as I've still yet to see the damn thing again in a big-styley. We did see Space Station 3D, though. Fascinating, exciting, tranquil, beautiful. Celestial. Etcetera. And that's just me!


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Right, I've finally corrected my time-zone in my b...
As I sat outside the pub at Marylebone station thi...
What Matrix Persona are you? I am Neo!
Just done a quick scan of my URL on Technorati - a...
Well, the day's been a little bit different to nor...
Postpub....... a few pints, and some bad sectors o...
A big thank-you to Joy at Confessions of a G33k fo...
I have received the following threatening message ...
Interesting to read Tony Blair's quotes from the l...
Double Woah! Now I've not been bothering to read ...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.