Viper Squad Ten

[ Wednesday, September 10, 2003 ]


Starbuck [00:17] Comments: 0 []
 
What a wonderful couple of hours of television I've just experienced in British TV Land.

A typically brilliant CSI: Miami episode - once again, another slice of vividly unreal ultra-reality from the Jerry Bruckheimer stables (as you can't experience something first-hand on a screen, make it jump out of the screen.)

I followed that up with 15 minutes of The Games. I unexpectedly felt quite wholesomely uplifted by the sight of some normally abnormally-annoying c-list celebrities ("comedian" Bobby Davro, Queen Of Hearts Cad James Hewitt, the bloke that's not H out of Steps, and one of the So Solid Crew) breaking their limits weightlifting.

But what I was holding out for was Jump London, a documentary film about the phenomenom of Le Parkour (or Free Running), whereby groups of brave/insane Parkouristes (or Free Runners) gracefully leap, jump, glide, cling to and bounce off any urban surface imaginable, the higher the better.

The film followed Seb Foucan's group, with a number of London landmarks and rooftops being their stage over the course of a day's shooting. Truly breathtaking - it just goes to show that films like the Matrix and Crouching Tiger aren't so far-fetched after all.

And it was good to see my beautiful former home-city on the screen in the way that I've always seen it. Through Jerry Bruckheimer eyes.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Ugh, since adding Blogspeak to the blog template, ...
OK chaps and chapesses, after much deliberation (r...
Sometimes its just so important to get away from i...
Enough computer agony. I'm off to France for a wee...
Ahhh! What a Blessed relief! (A phrase which puts ...
I'd missed this nicely disparaging story a few day...
At a time when I should be finishing off my CV tin...
Jeez, this site is reaching its blogging nadir - I...
Okay it was real - look
Alright i've relented and am posting. Mainly due ...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.