Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, January 16, 2004 ]

The long weekend starts here...
Starbuck [18:17] Comments: 0 []
 
Friday early evening... just back from work. What a relief.

Although work-wise its not been a tough week, its still felt like the longest week of my life. Time seems to have slowed right down since my birthday in December. It feels like its grinding to a painful halt. I guess that this sort of thing is only to be expected what with the difficult events of the of the last few weeks. It seems like weeks since my grandad's funeral; it feels like months since he died... like years since that horrible morning after my birthday, when I was told what was wrong with him.

Still, now that time's slowed down, I might as well enjoy it. Its friday night. If the local space-time continuum has in fact been stretched in relation to the t-axis (something that is entirely feasible, as demonstrated by my own existence within this century - I wouldn't have been marooned here in the first place if that cursed mutually-perpendicular fourth dimension wasn't as fricking elastic as the first three), then there's twice as much beering-time to enjoy!

A bit of time-mutability would certainly help my reading habits as well. Currently awaiting reading: Half of John O'Farrell's This Is Your Life, Chuck Palahniuk's Diary, Survivor & Invisible Monsters, Tony Hawks' One Hit Wonderland, Stephen Baxter's Phase Space, Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time, Iain Banks' Dead Air, J.G. Ballard's Millennium People, John Simpson's News From No Man's Land, Michael Moore's Dude Where's My Country, Thomas Harris' Hannibal, various Office & Phoenix Nights script books, and no doubt many more trees-worth that I've forgotten about right now, plus 4 months' worth of the Guardian's G2 section (4-month old broadsheet section would perhaps be superfluous to requirements...)

Number of books I've read in the last year: 2 (including one very small one.)


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Blogbling gangstas
Blogmute
Miss Me - But Let Me Go
Hip-hop Hobbits
Blogroll update
The need for speed
Starbuck's Atomic Sitcom Dustbin
...... Kill..... Your..... .......Television
Blog*spot advert banner
Astronaughty

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.