Viper Squad Ten

[ Tuesday, February 15, 2005 ]

A very long neck
Starbuck [21:15] Comments: 4 []
 
We went to see A Very Long Engagement at the cinema yesterday. Having read a few variable reviews I'd been a little hesitant about seeing it, but having loved Jean-Pierre Jeunet's previous films Delicatessen, City of Lost Children, Amelie, hell even (or especially) Alien Resurrection, I decided to take the fiance out to see it for Valentines Day. I'm so nice, me.

And I'm so glad I did - I was utterly captivated and transfixed for every last of its 135 minutes. A beautiful, hyper-real dreamlike story of love and war.

But don't just take my word for it, read Philip French's Observer review. He's better than me at this "writing" business.

A film almost worth learning to fluently speak French for - every last scene was visually such a work of art, it seemed a shame to drag my eyeballs down to the subtitles at the bottom of the screen.

Especially since I had to crane my head to a painful extent to peer over the pate of a gentleman of unusual height. Today I look like disgraced ex-BT mascot ET. With clothes on.


4 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at February 16, 2005 9:12 am  :

a damned fine film. i cried, lots. you are a fine young man to take your girly to see this film on valentines day. do you have a brother :D



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at February 16, 2005 10:53 am  :

Yes.

But he's less attractive than me.

And married...



Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at February 16, 2005 9:12 pm  :

Jeunet is one of my favourite directors at the moment - can't wait to see this film.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 16, 2005 9:52 pm  :

It had some darkness to it, which was good to see, as he does darkness like the best of them.

He should remake Terry Gilliam's Brazil, I reckon. In French.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

The doobie brothers
Blogger comments
Clutterbuck Computer Clutter Challenge Rounds 8 and 9
Fix to prevent phishing in any browser
Malcolm Hardee RIP
All about me, by my cousin
Clutterbuck Computer Clutter Challenge Rounds 6 and 7
Wedding update
They called me dearest!
Clutterbuck Computer Clutter Challenge Round 4

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.