Viper Squad Ten

[ Wednesday, February 16, 2005 ]

Wedding update
Starbuck [21:01] Comments: 8 []
 
Sporadic internet usage has meant that my most exciting news of the last week has been lost amongst the rest of the VSX shod.

We bought our wedding rings over the weekend. Apparently they're made of carrots. I once made a carrot phallus, but I don't think this is the time or place for that digression.

It's funny. Trying on the rings makes the whole seem so much more real, more imminent. To say that I'm an excited young Powersurge would very much be an understatement... and we couldn't wipe our grins off our faces on Saturday!


8 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Gary, at February 16, 2005 9:06 pm  :

Good to see you're getting excited!



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at February 16, 2005 9:10 pm  :

We have platinum rings, and when we shwed my mother she said 'are they gold or silver?' So we said 'platinum' and she said yes, is that gold or silver.... We have explained that its a different metal, but.....

Oh - if you're sick of the wedding anecdotes you must let me know...



Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at February 16, 2005 9:16 pm  :

We were told to get patterned rings as the scratches show up less over the years, and to get 18 instead of 24 carat as the higher stuff is softer.

The first bit of advice backfired though - my ring was taken when we were burgled years ago, and it was a bugger to find a replacement that matched Mrs A's one.
:(



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 16, 2005 9:49 pm  :

I thought about a patterned ring, so that I could leave a nice mark against anyone that I'd THUMPED, but in the end went for unmarked ones. Which should help with any unexpected burgleries.

Any mine should be nice and hard, it being only half a carat, etc etc etc.



Comment by Blogger The Saturnyne, at February 17, 2005 12:49 am  :

Well, i feel left out now. Seems everyone is married/getting married but me! And i'm not gettin any younger... although strangely, i keep getting told by peeps that i haven't aged a day since they saw me last... am looking forward to one of them actually saying that within 24 hours of seeing me last... just for accuracy's sake.

It is of course all true. I stay young by bathing in the blood of virgins. And i keep a picture in the attic... which also bathes in the blood of virgins. Y'can never be too careful these days, y'know.

Waaaaah!

S.

PS. Half a carrots surely better than half a lettuce/ turnip/ sprout?



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 17, 2005 10:47 am  :

Waaaaah indeed - "bathing in virgins blood". Yikes.

And with the "serial killer-alike" photo that sits next to your Comments in pop-o-matic Comment-post mode, I'm very scared indeed...



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at February 18, 2005 3:58 pm  :

i soooo love that you are so positive and happy about the soon to be starbuck nuptials. hope it is always such a joy for both of you and starbucketta.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 18, 2005 7:36 pm  :

Cheers, Susan. And Starbucketta said "ahhh" when I read your comment out to her...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

A very long neck
The doobie brothers
Blogger comments
Clutterbuck Computer Clutter Challenge Rounds 8 and 9
Fix to prevent phishing in any browser
Malcolm Hardee RIP
All about me, by my cousin
Clutterbuck Computer Clutter Challenge Rounds 6 and 7
Wedding update
They called me dearest!

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.