Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, April 29, 2005 ]

Wedding update
Starbuck [17:51] Comments: 8 []
 
Well, we're nearly there. We're just the smallest increment over one week to go, and I'm still having first-time experiences - this time an enjoyable experience at the barbers.

So as to prevent them doing a slapdash shoddy job on my head I quickly blurted out something about needing to get all the greys cut out as I was getting married the next week. With that, the conversation turned to something that I was interesed in - THE WEDDING (and the Barber's wedding) - rather than the ususual shite (holidays, the weather, Cov City's final Highfield Road game, etceterarara.) Result!

Still, now that I'm the proud owner of a set of Remington Precision clippers I'll hopefully not be running the risk of awkward hairdressing conversatorial moments for a long time again (this time we didn't want to run the risk of the future Mrs Powersurge trashing my already-poor hairline with one of her "oops" moments prior to the wedding...)

So what else? Well, I'd been planning on these pages becoming a valuable guide for other people getting married, with every step chronicled in detail. That's not quite happened (I've still not even got round to doing my promised "Weddings in Warwickshire" guide - sorry, betrotheds!), hence the scarcity of my words on this or other blogs.

And the speech? Still not much further on than it was. (Those damned Chuckle Brothers keep disturbing me! [Sunday Update: As does Boulder Dash Treasure Pleasure... can't... stop.... playing]) But, as we go into a sunny public holiday weekend, I'll have a final spurt (oh behave yourself!) And since I've been looking a little fat-faced since the recent excesses that culminated in last weekend's Spain trip, maybe the stress will do me some good.

But on the whole, everything is coming together nicely. Except the things that we don't know about.

And so, friends, strangers, and people who've arrived here by accident, I may continue to be forced into relative silence over the next few days, or you may hear more from me than you would ever want, depending on how "things" go.

In the meantime, I'd advise you to click this RANDOM-WIKIPEDIA-PAGE LINK several times per hour during the daylight hours - you might just learn something, whether you wanted to or not. Knowledge is fun!

And gird your loins, people, for when I return from honeymoon, with my long-awaited* Extremely Rude-Looking Tree photographic series, as well as the much less longly-awaited decision on the Clutterbuck Computer Clutter Challenge Cup.

Cheers, then.
Starbuck

* Regardless that I'm the only one who knew about it


8 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at April 29, 2005 9:06 pm  :

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at April 29, 2005 9:06 pm  :

One week - how exciting! I really hope it all goes 100% fantastic for you both! I loved my wedding... and being married!



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at April 29, 2005 9:12 pm  :

It was me - I deleted it as I posted it twice...



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at April 30, 2005 1:16 pm  :

a million happy wedding hugs for your good self and mrs powersurge to be! i hope that your special day is splendid in every way.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at April 30, 2005 4:11 pm  :

Ah, thanks to you both.

We've just been into town to pick up the honeymoon tickets - that's brought it all especially into focus!

The person we spoke with went to Koh Samui on their honeymoon last year, and all of the staff gathered round to discuss their Thai experiences.... yip yip yip!



Comment by Blogger The Saturnyne, at April 30, 2005 7:45 pm  :

All the best, then! Hope you and yer missus have a wonderful forever together!

We'll all be wanting pics when yer get back.

Huzzah!

S.



Comment by Blogger Aiden Truss, at April 30, 2005 11:11 pm  :

Oh well...

The cold, clammy claw of matrimony wraps another unsuspecting male in its withered talons.

Why you getting married - gone off sex or something?
:)

Good luck mate!



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at May 01, 2005 12:42 pm  :

Yay, cheers me ole muckers (hole muckers? That doesn't sound very nice.)

Don't worry, there'll be pics a-plenty, and lots of salacious sauce to prove Mr Astolath wrong!


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Election ploblems
# Reasons to be cheerful... one, two three #
Three other things
Cosmetic surgery live
Staggering
Staggered
The general election
A boring post about my computer
Unaccustomed as I am to writing bridesgroom speech...
My wedding's in safe hands

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.