Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 ]

Sounding bored
Starbuck [18:50] Comments: 2 []
 
Thanks to Stu for keeping the blog engine running whilst I recovered from the strain of remembering our wedding disco playlist.

And to stall you all just a little bit more before I report "for real" on the Biggest Day Of My Life, here's just a few stoopid little things that have crept into my head between shutting down my computer at work and returning to Chez Powersurge.
- - - - - - - - - -
One) Diverting my office phone to voicemail involves a sequence of button presses culminating in the 5-digit voicemail number. I do this many times, day in day out. And it drives me mad.

The reason - the key-tones sound just like the "I like the way you move" bit from that OutKast song. It makes me want to resign. Last year I was moaning on these pages about Windows XP sounding like Simply Red. This is much worse.

- - - - - - - - - -
Two) I've also written about my Dead Skin Watch before. Well, it's finally died. And because the keratinocytes that have been sloughed away from my sweaty epidermis over the years had now tightly fused with both the metal and the military-style webbing strap, there wasn't much chance of getting it's battery replaced without difficulty or embarrassment. Therefore I decided to pop into Argos to replace it with an identical Lorus Gents LumiBrite quartz watch.

Identical in every way, except that the sound of it's ticking is noticeably louder. It's beginning to get to me a bit. What the hell is all that about? They must've done it on purpose, but why?

- - - - - - - - - -
Three) I heard a song on the radio by by someone who I think Scott Mills said was "BMV". It was a so-so slice of rap music, but the lyrics starting sparking off activity in some highly annoying synaptic backwaters. If I remember correctly the words were "rock your body like check one two", which, of course, filled my internal jukebox with "Hey Mona" by Craig McLachlan's shortlived musical travesty Check 1/2. Yes, that Craig McLachlan (aka McLaughlin aka McLauhglan according to the wonderful worldwide web). Henry From Neighbours Craig McLachlan. Ed From BUGS Craig McLachlan. And thanks to Craig's official website craig-mclachlan.com, which may be short on content (obviously Craig's taking time out from the limelight right now), but has still pointed me in the direction of my next most-wanted DVD set, something for anyone wanting to get me a post-wedding pressie - the complete 4 series of Bugs. So thanks, Craig.

Beware, incidentally, of Google searching for "rock your body like check one two" - I've never seen such a suspect index of dodgy software cracks, password hack dictionary lists, and some extremely nasty-sounding sites that really shouldn't exist in a civilised world.

In a civilised world, however, I wouldn't be absorbing myself in the petty annoyances to hide from the badness...

But enough talk of worldly badness, I'm off to bathe in newly-wedded bliss (dinner's ready!)


2 Comment(s):


Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at January 04, 2006 6:16 am  :

I heard the same song and ran the same search on google for "rock your body like check one two". You're blog is the first hit, congrats!

I finally figured out that the real lyrics are "rock ya body mic check one two".

enjoy marriage!



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at January 04, 2006 9:51 am  :

Cheers! I am!!!

And your version of the lyrics has finally brought some sense to this, ta.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

***Sub-editor Posting Alert***
Starbuck's suggested wedding disco set
The Groom's Wedding Speech!
Missing person
Catching a breath...
The Main Event
Going without a hitch
Another Wedding Update plus Miscellaneous Tat
Wedding update
Election ploblems

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.