Viper Squad Ten

[ Tuesday, August 15, 2006 ]

Wireless Matrix
Starbuck [17:53] Comments: 6 []
 

In a long and boring meeting yesterday I finally worked out how Neo could affect and sense machine entities in the "real world" in Matrix Revolutions.

Wifi.

It makes sense that the machines are connected wirelessly, and it makes sense that they'd embed some sort of transmitter/receiver in the enslaved humans being used as "batteries" (as the spin would have us believe) or whatever, rather than just those big squirm-inducing sockets (quite literally the "fat pipe").

It could be something very low bandwidth included within the metalwork, but rather useful for when they need to locate individual units when disconnected. RFID rather than bluetooth, lets say. But still enough for Neo to master, and to use to his advantage. Lets face it, with enough effort and training you can engineer your central nervous system to enable it to perform all manner of previously-impossible things.

Like I said, it was a long and boring meeting...


6 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at August 15, 2006 6:08 pm  :

I can't believe I'm still writing Matrix posts all this time down the line... maybe time to revisit the series.

Especially now I've formulated my theory on how it encapsulates belief systems...



Comment by Blogger birdychirp, at August 15, 2006 10:24 pm  :

that was a boring meeting... I have to say I never got round to seeing Revolutions - I got a bit bored in the second one and in fact started trying to work out the sci fi in the Hitchhikers Guide....



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at August 16, 2006 10:12 am  :

... and that's an even more cosmic task to get to grips with!

I won't get into "matrix-within-a-matrix" theories then...



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at August 16, 2006 7:41 pm  :

That's genius!

Makes sense though, and seeing as some dude's implanted neodymium magnets in his fingertips and can now 'feel' magnetic fields, it's all fesible.



Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at August 17, 2006 2:24 pm  :

bloody hell, it must have been one very boring meeting :) i usually just struggle with staying awake in meetings, not enough brain power left to think of movies.

love your train of thought.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at August 17, 2006 5:41 pm  :

And you've got me thinking now, "train of thought", is that where top nineties TV comedy sketch show "Big Train" got its name (buy it HERE!)

And as for the neodymium magnet implants... NEOdymium... scary! It's all coming true...

Btw my Physicist mate Unit II used to work with incredibly powerful electromagnets running at near-absolute zero, and whenever I went near it my brain started glazing over. I used to be able to "feel" radioactivity at school as well. That means I'm either hypersensitive or hyper-psychosomatic. I reckon the latter.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Beggars Belief
Electric Dreamz
The Exclamation Mark and The Terror Threat
The Foreign Policy Threat
Coming on like a blaxploitation Star Wars
Reasons why I'm an idiot... one, two, three
World Cup Final Score
The New Arrival
VSX Member Fatherhood Congratulations
Hymenopterisk

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.