Viper Squad Ten

[ Tuesday, July 17, 2007 ]

Musical Youth
Starbuck [16:02] Comments: 5 []
 
As an old fuddy-duddy who refuses to go near MySpace and who doesn't have the resources to seek out any decent mp3 blogs, I sometimes worry that whole new exciting musical genres will pass me by, despite my best efforts (i.e. reading the Guardian on a Friday).

What will I say to any future offspring when they start talking about γ-aminobutyric acid braindump trance and I don't have a bleedin' clue what the hell they're on about?

So its nice to have just stumbled across Mary Anne Hobbs' 13th July Radio 1 show on the information superhighroad, only to find that I'm a massive fan of dubstep music. I feel 10 years younger already.

The Al Haca guest mix (aka the Al Haca Family Business Crunchtime Set) was especially tasty. I tried to tell them so as well, but the antispam question was too hard for me. Am I electric?

Whilst you're there, download the free Fightclub mix, 'cos you knows you wants it, toughguy.


5 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Chris Frumplington, at July 17, 2007 10:46 pm  :

"...an old fuddy-duddy who refuses to go near MySpace and who doesn't have the resources to seek out any decent mp3 blogs..."

No need to feel inadequate. You are not alone. We were watching Gardeners' World recently and they were going on about how you could download Monty bloomin' Don's video podcast for your mp4 player. It's gardening for gawd's sake: a trowel is about as hi-tech as we ever get!

PS - What is this MySpace anyway. Something to do with NASA, is it?



Comment by Blogger Stuart, at July 18, 2007 1:52 pm  :

Test... test...



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at July 18, 2007 5:08 pm  :

[RE: THE FRUMPLINGTONS' COMMENT]

And don't even start me on Facebook requests... Monty's sure to be on Facebook...

[RE: STUART'S COMMENT]

Your Comment appears to have landed. You've not finally signed your soul to Google, have you Stu? Or is there still life in your old VSX Blogger account?



Comment by Blogger Stuart, at July 19, 2007 10:02 am  :

The former, damn them! they rely on you feeling impotent in the face of blogging fun, like a blog-castrate, and finally when you are at your lowest ebb, when you think things can get no worse, you crumble and enter into the Faustian pact that you resisted for so long.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at July 19, 2007 5:48 pm  :

Ha ha, Google-using scum, ha ha haaaaagh!

Etc.


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

TV reviews
"You'll never guess who I had in my funeral car th...
[purely as a personal record]
Thinking about my Grandma
Last words
Dominion
[Invite for my co-editor to blog]
Big Brother 8
Voight-Kampff test results
Reason for my recent disapp-E-rance

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.