Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, July 24, 2003 ]


Stuart [18:45] Comments: 0 []
 
Just quickly, as I'm working late and long and hard, but, right, I got a bit of Enter the Matrix gaming in. I got to the first major film clip, which you've (or you that are interested in the whoel thing anyway) probably already read transcripts of. I haven't read them deliberately so that i get to them in the game. And i got to the bit where the guy (yes, i don't know who he is, precisely because i haven't read into it, but he might be the train man) says to Niobe "72 hours... 72 hours..." and she says "whaddayoosay?" (not quite like that) and he said "that's how long Zion lasted last time..." and it was brilliant and chilling and ooooooh... type of thing.

And it made me think about, like, different time frames and different perceptions of time and the whole idea that in a computer you could have things happening at various and different rates, etc., and the whole idea that Zion basically, being a virtual world, is nothing more than a series of electrical pulses travelling down wires at speeds we can't comprehend, and if so, how can you have a relative sense of time passing in that "world" as against time passing in our own, and stuff. It also reminded me of taht idea that i first read in a Stephen King book, the Dark Tower I think (although it's not King's idea) that our universe is all contained in a drop of water hanging from a blade of grass in another dimension/universe/whatever.
Load of hippy nonense. Blimey, my similarity to Andy here is quite alarming. Don't worry though, faithful (hypothetical) readers, I won't start talking about bots and shareware and stuff.

OR WILL I? HOW DO YOU KNOW I AM NOT ANDY? MOO-HA-HA. (Yellow Pinky)

No, it is me, bye, Stuart
Just thought I'd share that.



0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Hello everyone - Stuart here, guest editor extrord...
The book-end of a very nice evening, sitting with ...
Sitting at my computer, post-shower water slowly e...
Wow. Just discovered how to "borrow" images from o...
I'd been wondering why Lavasoft hadn't appeared to...
I've now found a failsafe method of hang-over prev...
Just re-seen Reloaded at the bfi IMAX with DJ Tim....
Life can feel so cinematic at times. I woke this ...
Another sweltering day in London. What I don't lik...
I know that I may be incredibly boring, but even t...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.