Viper Squad Ten

[ Wednesday, August 27, 2003 ]


Starbuck [16:33] Comments: 0 []
 
I had a nice thought earlier. No, not one of those nice thoughts.

There must be so many poor lonely bloggers out there, sitting on their site traffic monitoring tools, feeling sorry for themselves because no-one reads their journalistic masterpieces (I don't need to worry about this, as my blog is a very long way from being a journalistic masterpiece!)

So, what would give them a lovely pleasant suprise, I thought to myself? If a few hundred people, say, would suddenly turn up at their site out of the blue? What a thrill that would be...

It would have to target someone with an externally-accessible site traffic monitor, of course. And, fair enough, perhaps it would be a bit pointless.

But still, I googled for ages for a site which might do something like this, as people seem to always manage to fill these internet niches, but came away with very little. Which maybe suggests that, yes, it was a useless idea in the first place. That's what blog PR and blogrolling are all about anyway. Respect. Or maybe I'm just rubbish with Google.

Just so this train of thought hasn't been wasted, though, I was interested to see, on similar lines, that people are trying to bring flash mobbing out of the real world and in to the blogosphere (Blogjacking is one such site, still in its early formative stages, dedicated to the virtual flash mobbing of unexpected bloggers' Comments sections.)

Then again, on a large enough scale, could all this unexpected traffic equate to an orchestrated denial-of-service attack?

Everything has repercussions, kids. Use your loaf.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Gah! How did I forget to watch Live Forever (docum...
British readers. Fracked off with the Royal Mail w...
Following my excitement yesterday that was generat...
My mind's ear is being thoroughly syringed out wit...
A wonderful moment. Regular readers (hypothetical)...
A mundane blog moment. My car's going in to the g...
I see that Tam (of the premiere Kiwi blog Tam I Am...
Sitcoms. I love them. And especially British sitco...
I love the Japanese. Not wanting to make any sweep...
It's a strange feeling having shifted my butt back...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.