Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, September 01, 2003 ]


Starbuck [15:01] Comments: 0 []
 
Ahh, bless! I've just received the following email from one of my occasional ickle sub-editors, Stusie, who seems to be a little shy today; I will impart his words of wisdom, all the same. Poor little mite!

I'm too far away geographically to contribute to your blog directly, I feel intuitively, but had to pass on to in this more conventional way the following horrible news. Reading Empire I have discovered that Matrix Reloaded will be the most expensive DVD ever (well, as a new release type thing anyway) at a whopping RRP of £26.99. and the special features are paltry and self publicizing - second disc (which there is) has an ad for the game, an ad for the Animatrix and a documentary on the cultural impact of the Matrix (that will last all of three minutes - more interesting would be the impact of the various cultures the Bros magpie-nicked). Terrible. Although if you recall, despite the Matrix DVD being the Brothers in Arms for DVDs (© everyone) they didn't sort out a special edition for ages and then released it separately and it was all a bit daft. I guess they're going the LOTR route and releasing the definitive edition months after everyone's bought the crap version. Shame. But then again, you only really want the film don't you? But at what cost?

Heh! I like the LOTR selling model - sell the first edition cheap, £8.99 vid, not much more than the rental cost so its a worthwhile buy to satiate the cravings, and the delay allows us to really savour the "definitive", less compact, edition when it finally washes up.

I can't believe Reloaded would give you so little for so much money, though, considering the wealth of free goodies that are hidden away on the website...


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Alistair Campbell has quit. But without the Dark L...
Heh, this little animation has just creased me up ...
Every now and again you catch a programme on the t...
I feel that I should share, in my good-natured phi...
I had a nice thought earlier. No, not one of those...
Gah! How did I forget to watch Live Forever (docum...
British readers. Fracked off with the Royal Mail w...
Following my excitement yesterday that was generat...
My mind's ear is being thoroughly syringed out wit...
A wonderful moment. Regular readers (hypothetical)...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.