Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, August 29, 2003 ]


Starbuck [12:54] Comments: 0 []
 
Every now and again you catch a programme on the telly which, once experienced, you feel that you will never be able to miss again. My first ever Monkey Dust, which I finally caught on BBC2 last night, was one such epoch-making moment.

The BBCi site describes it thus - "Monkey Dust is a cutting-edge comedy animation created by an award-winning team of writers and visualised by some of London's finest young animators. Set in a permanent urban nightmare, Monkey Dust is a nocturnal world and it's satirical targets range across the whole spectrum of British society." Myself, I'd just call it flicking funny.

Oh, alright, go on then.

Coming across like a League Of Gentlemen / Brasseye hybridoma, conceived under the narcotic influence of (Blue) Jam, and viewed through the lens of a graphic novel, it was quite simply the most imaginative and affecting comedy that I've seen in a while.

The sketches of three voice-over artists in the pub (and then at one of their funerals) damn-well nearly woke my comatose girlfriend from her deep sleep, the amount it made me roar.

I know that I might sometimes be guilty of big-up'ing things just a little bit too much, but you better believe it this time. It's AYCE! If you can, watch it. If not, you can still watch some of the individual sketches here.

Now, where's my payment?


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

I feel that I should share, in my good-natured phi...
I had a nice thought earlier. No, not one of those...
Gah! How did I forget to watch Live Forever (docum...
British readers. Fracked off with the Royal Mail w...
Following my excitement yesterday that was generat...
My mind's ear is being thoroughly syringed out wit...
A wonderful moment. Regular readers (hypothetical)...
A mundane blog moment. My car's going in to the g...
I see that Tam (of the premiere Kiwi blog Tam I Am...
Sitcoms. I love them. And especially British sitco...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.