Viper Squad Ten

[ Friday, April 09, 2004 ]

Voivod
Starbuck [22:49] Comments: 0 []
 
After a long wait, as of a couple of days ago, I have finally seen Touching The Void at the cinema. Typically its just after the DVD/video have came out, but I'm very happy to have seen it from the front row in front of a big screen, as part of a reverential audience.

Very powerful, very beautiful, very inspirational. Awesome and awe-inspiriring. Breath-taking and affecting. And some other superlatives.

And it was incredible to see the human instinct for survival autonomically pushing a man beyond normal levels of endurance, beyond what it is to be human, and to come out the other side. Maximum respect to all concerned.

It must've left an indelible mark - in quiet moments, my mind drifts to that mountain - I see it, I feel like I know it like the back of my hand, or like I know the back-bowls of Vale, Colorado.

And given the recent zombie-emphasis of this website, I am happy to say that EVEN a drama-documentary about the tragic circumstances befalling two British climbers on the west face of Siula Grande in the Peruvian Andes has a ZOMBIE MOMENT IN IT (you have to be there...)


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

More Zombie stuff
#I wanna Parsec you up#
"rrrr krrrrkt mrrrrrr prrrrrrrnz"
The Crimson Room
dEletion
Firefox - browsing by stealth!
Small things...
A wider world
Dust to dust
My favourite joke

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.