Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, January 23, 2006 ]

Goodbye rented accommodation...
Starbuck [08:52] Comments: 2 []
 
I have now just about woken up for the final time under the glorious skylight of our simple rented home. Woken up with the inspiration, forged in my dreams, that the human awaking from sleep is just like an orange. The peel of sleep is removed, and a entirely new existence of being emerges, with just a few bits of pith remaining.

I've been very active in my dreams recently. Memories of last night focus on the move, but I've covered all sorts of ground recently, it all starting a week ago with a close-escape at a sleep-time Derren Brown live show where he nearly surreptitiously hypnotised the entire audience (until I realised I was already dreaming and that it might be dangerous being self-hynpnotised whilst asleep...)

In the first sentence I described the skylight as glorious, but it was fairly nondescript both this morning (flat grey light) and last night (inky blackness - no stars, no watercolour blur of reflected streetlight), which is perhaps for the best.

I experienced a few financial fluctuations this weekend as we set about arranging the transfer of funds to the solicitors. I can't describe the joy I felt as I re-calculated my savings to find fourteen grand that I'd thought I didn't have (and that I immediately started planning for). And the inevitable crash to earth as I recalculated it out of existence again!

Anyway, enough for now - no time to sit (stand) here in front of the computer when I've got packing to do. And certainly no time for any work-in-progress photos - more to come soon!


2 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger 3rd daughter, at January 23, 2006 10:22 am  :

i hate those little accounting glitches. they make you so happy for about 20 seconds and then reality kicks in :(

good luck with the move, i hope it all goes smoothly.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at January 26, 2006 3:21 pm  :

Despuite the best efforts of the bank to fuck it all up, it's all gone OK move-wise (except I'm back at work). Looks like a home already!

No time to write right now, however...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Preparatory thinking for the imminent house move
Norton Shistem Works. Doesn't.
An Open Letter to the Editor
New House & VSX preview
Tasteless trivialisation of serious and frightenin...
X?nnián kuàilè
Derren Brown - The Heist
Cat litter furniture
Christmas top telly chart
Doctor Who: The Christmas Invasion

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.