Viper Squad Ten

[ Thursday, February 23, 2006 ]

A Moran Dilemma
Starbuck [11:32] Comments: 4 []
 
Not long after they went on sale, I booked two tickets to go see Dylan Moran on his "Like, Totally" tour when it hits the Wild West Midlands. Yes, Dylan Moran, one of the greatest stand-up comics there is, and star of Black Books, Shaun of the Dead, and, erm, A Cock & Bull Story (briefly).

Mr Moran is one of the two comedians I'd most wanted to see for a long time, and I was dead excited getting a pair of decent tickets for this now-sold out show.

Unfortunately, something's "cropped up", and I won't be able to attend. The dilemma:

  • Should I put the tickets on e-bay? It would certainly help my current lack of funds, and it would help make up for my disappointment? however I loathe people who tout tickets in such a selfish manner. Still, it would make someone very happy. I can imagine their joy as the top bid is accepted... and mine!

  • Or should I return the tickets to the box office, knowing all too well that the box office in question doesn't do cash refunds (they would "credit" my account for future shows)?

  • Or do you, dear reader, want to buy them cost price (so long as you can get to the venue OK)?
Please help me, as I do not know what to do.


One consolation - tonight I'm off to see the other comedian "I'd most wanted to see for a long time" - star of stage and screen, Omid Djali. Should be wonderful...


4 Comment(s):


Comment by Blogger Stuart, at February 23, 2006 2:51 pm  :

You could put them on ethical face value ticket selling website Scarlet Mist, whcih er appears to no longer exist (probably because no one ever sold any tickets through it).

Basically, this post is a thinly veiled attempt to turn what was a blog into an evil corporate commercial ticket-selling enterprise. I would expect nothing less given your persistent unblinkered adoration of a particular company.



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 24, 2006 12:18 pm  :

Is what you're saying that you don't want the tickets?



Comment by Anonymous Anonymous, at February 24, 2006 9:00 pm  :

If it were me (it's not), I'd unashamedly whore the tickets on eBay, simply because if I wanted to go, and I couldn't get tickets from the venue, I'd go there :(



Comment by Blogger Starbuck, at February 26, 2006 3:35 pm  :

True, it'd be ME doing THEM a favour...


Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

VSX merchandising opportunity
Prints and the No Power Generation
Configuring Firefox to check for new page versions...
A brand new blog. # Da da da daaaar.! #
Everyone's out to get you muddyfunster
What's so bad about giving a can opener for a Vale...
Tears, beers and tobogganeers
New Home Improvement
Teletextual healing
Internet Update

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.