Viper Squad Ten

[ Monday, August 04, 2003 ]


Starbuck [19:04] []
 
A report in the Register about yet another virus, Mimail. These things continue to push the envelope, using more devious methods in place of a reliance on PC users' mass gullability. I occasionally get forwarded hoax virus warnings from friends, having been told to search and destroy a (potentially-important) file on their hard-drive and to tell all their contacts to do the same.

If only the education of all PC users could be enforced.

Mr T says: PATCH those SECURITY HOLES with WINDOWS UPDATE! UPDATE your ANTIVIRUS definition files! And if in doubt, DO a GOOGLE SEARCH on elements of a suspect email, or SEARCH for the symptoms your COMPUTER is EXHIBITING. Fool!

(Pic from the frankly absurd Celebriducks website. Ayce.)



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Bugger. As is always the way, I've stumbled across...
Now that I'm back in the UK, and mulling over my w...
The downside with having had such a good holiday i...
I'm back!                   Finally, I am reacquai...
Well, I'm off to Milan this evening to see my sist...
Your favourite three songs are by QUEEN! I DON'T ...
Gah Tim has usurped me in the talking about stuff ...
Just quickly, as I'm working late and long and har...
Hello everyone - Stuart here, guest editor extrord...
The book-end of a very nice evening, sitting with ...

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.