Viper Squad Ten

[ Saturday, January 03, 2004 ]

Panting goldmine
Starbuck [23:55] Comments: 0 []
 
The Birmingham Rep's production of the Wizard Of Oz was rather good, in a singy-songy kind of way. And educational too - somehow I'd not absorbed the fact that "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" was a component of the aforementioned musical. Now the damn thing's stuck on my internal jukebox...

Best bit - The Wizard, whilst hiding off-stage & speaking through his megaphone to "big himself up", sounding just like Mr Garrison from South Park.

Worst bit - the flying monkey. Terrifying.

No famous people in this not-strictly-a-pantomine-style pantomine. Not like one of these "glitzy" (read: tacky but oh-so-good) modern productions. But it has led me on to ponder my Top Ten Celebrities Wot I've Seen In Pantomine:
1 - Bob Carolgees and Spit the Dog - the Master
2 - Gus from Drop The Dead Donkey - terrifying
3 - Matthew Kelly - dual-role (ac/dc?) Peter Pan professional
4 - The Chuckle Brothers - chu chuckle
5 - Frank Bruno - hurr hurr hurr
6 - Little & Large - cringeworthy
7 - The White Power Ranger - why oh why?
8 - Wayne Sleep - although I've since discovered it wasn't him, but was in fact...
9 - ... Robin Cousins - there solely to figure-skate for 2 minutes at the end
10 - Don McClean - "Nightie Nightie", "Pyjama pyjama", how I laughed.

Just outside of the top 10 - Rod Hull (whilst alive), Emu & Grotbags. I brought my own emu along to that one. Also, Vicky Michelle from 'Allo 'Allo. Legs like tree-trunks.


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

I don't think we're in Cannock Chase anymore...
Time to talk some Who
Life goes on...
A tribute to my Grandad
Puzzle Bubble in Winter clothing
Unpronouncable web toy site
Cache-Converters
I'm your caring sharing Blog Donkey
#Through the Panavision sunset of my heart#
Lord Up!

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.