Viper Squad Ten

[ Sunday, January 04, 2004 ]

Video Computer System
Starbuck [18:54] Comments: 0 []
 
Since I've been kicking around the world of video games pretty much from their inception, I've just got to share my love for Video Computer System, a natty little video from Brazilian electronic duo Golden Shower. In their words, it's a tribute to all the classic Atari 2600 video games of the early '80s, and its dead good, as I would have said in the eighties. Lovely to hear all those crunchy sampled sound effects put to good use. Thought the Matrix-style Pitfall sequence was well wicked, too. Watch it HERE.

(I apologise if you've already seen it a squillion times, though - I never quite grasp hold of web memes until they've been floating around the internet for fracking years. ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! Quite.)

But I digress. It's always exciting for ageing nostalgic geeks such as I to hear a bit of classic video game bgm in a popular tune, daddio. Kernkraft 400's "Zombie Nation" makes me wet myself, its so full of C64 goodness, courtesy of 8-bit chipsmith David Whittaker...


0 Comment(s):

Post your own Comment



[ Click HERE for the VSX front-page... ]







[ Previous Posts ]

Panting goldmine
I don't think we're in Cannock Chase anymore...
Time to talk some Who
Life goes on...
A tribute to my Grandad
Puzzle Bubble in Winter clothing
Unpronouncable web toy site
Cache-Converters
I'm your caring sharing Blog Donkey
#Through the Panavision sunset of my heart#

[ Full Archives ]



[ Photowankery ]

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Starbuck Powersurge. Make your own badge here.